College is an adventure and orientation is where it all begins. It's where you make campus your home, meet the people who will become your college family and map out your academic path at Calvin.
Needless to say, the transition to college can be a big adjustment for both you and your parents. That's why we provide award-winning orientation programs to meet your individual needs. Whether you're traveling to campus from a different country or grew up just down the road from Calvin, our goal is make your transition to college smooth and meaningful.
Which program is right for you?
- If you’re a North American student and this is your first year in any college
Interim and spring arrival students
- If you’ll be starting new at Calvin for the interim or the spring
- If you’re an international student or have extended overseas living experience
- If you’re a new adult-learner
Racially diverse students
- If you are a student that identifies as African American, Asian-American, Bi-racial, Latino/a or Native American
- If you’re a student who has lived outside of North America for a significant period of time
- If you’re transferring from another institution or are beginning at Calvin for the Spring semester
- Parents/family members of North American students starting in the fall semester.
International / third-culture student
- Parents/family members of international students, or students who have lived outside of North America for a significant amount of time.
Transfer student (interim and spring)
- Parents/family members of new first year students and transfer students starting Calvin in the interim or spring semester.
Transfer student (fall)
- Parents/family members of students transferring from another institution or beginning at Calvin for the fall semester.