Our mission statement
The mission of Healthy Habits is to promote healthy living and well-being through a comprehensive wellness program that includes physical, spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual and environmental health, as part of the overall mission of Calvin College.
- To provide Calvin College employees programs and opportunities that promote personal health well-being for Calvin College employees, retirees and spouses.
- To create a supportive community atmosphere for the pursuit of wellness goals.
- To encourage participants to treat their bodies as God's creation for lifelong Christian service.
“Calvin is a place where wellness is the norm”
- Where there is a community committed to pursuing and supporting each other in healthy living and well-being.
- Where personal and group shalom is being practiced daily.
- Where healthy choices are available, accessible and encouraged.
- Where work-life balance is emphasized.
- Where employees enjoy their work and are highly productive.
- Where leaders are engaged in wellness initiatives.
- Where there are accepted, campus-wide wellness goals and objectives.
- Where health is being maintained and improved…and risk is being reduced.
- Where Healthy Habits is more than a program…it is a corporate strategy and a community lifestyle.