Do any of the following describe you: A North American ethnic minority; an ethnic majority—but from a culturally-diverse background; the first in your family to go to college? If any of these sound like you, you may be eligible to receive one of our scholarships for underrepresented students, which are awarded automatically based on information provided in your admissions application.
Guidelines & eligibility (2014-2015)
- Mosaic Award - $4,000
Awarded to North American ethnic minority students or majority students from culturally diverse backgrounds who have a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA or a 20 ACT or 940 SAT.
- Offered up to 5 years with a cumulative Calvin GPA of 2.5
- Entrada Scholarship - $4,000
Awarded to students that successfully complete the Entrada Scholars Program.
- Available for up to 5 years with a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- The application deadline for the Entrada Scholars Program is March 5. Apply here »
- First Generation Award - $2,000
Awarded to students whose parents did not attend college.
- Offered up to 5 years.
Students that participate in our John M. Perkin’s Leadership Fellows Program are eligible for an additional $2,500 scholarship. Calvin also offers several donor-funded scholarships that celebrate underrepresented students.