Other institutional award opportunities are available to new students based on a variety of criteria. These awards may be given in addition to academic scholarships.
- Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship - $1,500
- Awarded to first-year students who are third-generation Calvin students
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- At least one alumni parent plus at least two additional direct ancestors (e.g. grandparent, great-grandparent) who are Calvin alumni
- Volunteerism and financial need also considered
- Apply by February 1 »
- Denominational grants - $1,500
- Awarded to members of the Christian Reformed Church in North America as a result of contributions from the denomination.
- Available for up to 5 years automatically. No application is required.
- Tuition Waiver Exchange Program (TWEP)
- Students of faculty and staff from participating colleges in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities can apply for an 80% tuition reduction by completing the CCCU TWEP.
- Apply by February 1 »
First-year competitive awards and programs
- UofM Medical School Scholarship Partnership
Each year, one first-time, undergraduate student will be selected for a four-year, full-tuition scholarship at Calvin College to pursue a pre-medical program. The recipient will also be assured of an interview at the University of Michigan Medical School and, if accepted, will receive a four-year, full-tuition scholarship to pursue a medical degree there.
- John M. Perkins Leadership Fellows
Calvin's John M. Perkins Leadership Fellows are a small group of students who are selected to participate in a series of leadership development opportunities during their first two years of college. These opportunities prepare Perkins Fellows to address big issues like poverty, injustice, racism and materialism. Perkins Fellows strive to be servant leaders who are committed to renewal and restoration of our communities.
- Honors Fellows
The Honors Fellows Program is a competitive opportunity extended to typically 20-25 first-year students. It includes an additional $2,500 scholarship renewable for a second year.
- Artist Collaborative
The Artist Collaborative is a program for first-year students who are interested in the arts. Through courses, activities and a January trip to an arts destination in the U.S. or abroad, you will explore your calling as an artist in the twenty-first century. The theme for the 2014-15 Artist Collaborative is the visual arts.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Scholarship
Calvin College is pleased to offer six $2,500 Howard Hughes Medical Institute Scholarships to incoming first-year students who are interested in studying one of the basic sciences or mathematics at Calvin and have plans to pursue a career in research or post-secondary education.