Help for understanding scholarships and financial aid on tuition statements. If you have already received financial aid to assist with the cost of attending Calvin, please review the following information in conjunction with your tuition, room, and board statement.
- Your financial aid is based on your enrollment status as of October 30, 2015.
- Your Tuition, Room, and Board Statement reflects financial aid activity on your account through October 30, 2015. Any financial aid applied to your account after this will be reflected on the next billing statement.
- If your FAFSA data was selected for Verification and that process is not yet complete all need-based aid has been temporarily removed from your account.
- Important Loan Note: Your statement may show an amount credited for the Federal Perkins Loans, the Federal Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, and/or the Federal PLUS Loan. You have the right to cancel all or part of any of these loans. If you elect to cancel your loan(s) the borrower must notify the Financial Aid Office, in writing, within 14 days of receipt of this statement. If you do cancel your loan, you will need to immediately make the appropriate payment on your account.
- If you have received a private outside scholarship from a source other than Calvin, but it does not appear on your tuition statement, please contact the organization/agency awarding the scholarship to confirm a check has been sent to the Calvin College Financial Aid Office on your behalf. These scholarships will not appear on your statement or credit to your account until the funds are received and processed.
For questions concerning your scholarships or financial aid awards, contact:
- (616) 526-6134
- (800) 688-0122