You can help!
Calvin College has long relied on volunteers in the local communities to play an important role in the promotion of our music ensemble tours. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Jason Reiffer, Music Tours Coordinator, at (616) 526-6432.
Here are specific ways you can help:
Distribute posters and fliers in your area to churches and schools near the tour venue, businesses, music stores, college music buildings/student centers, music schools, coffee shops, community centers, office break rooms, youth and adult community music ensembles, music academies, music clubs.
- Network with Calvin alumni
- Spread the word and forward the tour e-flier to people in your personal and professional networks
- Hang posters in the church
- Set out a stack of fliers in the church
- List the event in the church bulletin and church newsletter
- Insert fliers in the church bulletin
- Announce the event at church music rehearsals, youth group gatherings and Sunday worship services
- Encourage young people in the congregation to attend
- Hand-deliver posters/fliers to key school music directors
- Email school directors encouraging them to bring their students and share the e-flier
- Hang posters in the school
- Set out a stack of fliers in the school
- List the event in the school newsletter
- Announce the event in classrooms, music rehearsals and chapel services
- Help Calvin College identify local media opportunities (local newspapers/publications, event listings, etc.)
- Contact local media (if you have a personal connection that would yield a better result than a “cold call” from a Calvin College representative)
- Post the tour information on personal accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- “Like” the Calvin Music Department Facebook page
- Forward the tour e-flier to people in your personal and professional networks