Before you start

Steps to complete before you begin your job

1. Once you are offered an on-campus job, make an appointment with the Payroll office (Spoelhof Center 370) to fill out all student employee forms, including: 

  • Student Employee Responsibilities form
  • All tax forms for federal, state and local taxes
  • I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification)
    • Be prepared to show required identification (e.g. Passport, driver's license, state ID card). One document from list A or one document from B and C must be shown. This is a federal requirement for all employees. Original documents must be shown, no copies or faxes accepted.
  • Michigan new hires form
  • Direct deposit form

2. After completing the above paperwork, you will receive an Authorization to Work Card. Give this card to your employer.

3. Once your supervisor has submitted an eCard on your behalf, you may begin work. The eCard is how you get added to Calvin's payroll system so your supervisor can approve your time card.