Steps to complete before you begin your job
1. Verify that your supervisor has submitted your e-card. Your e-card is how you get added to Calvin's payroll system.
2. Make an appointment with the Payroll office (Spoelhof Center 370) to fill out all student employee forms, including:
- Student Employee Responsibilities form
- All tax forms for federal, state and local taxes.
- I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification) - Be prepared to show us required identification (e.g. Passport, driver's license, state ID card). One document from list A or one document from B and C must be shown. This is a federal requirement for all employees. Original documents must be shown, no copies or faxes accepted.
- Michigan new hires form
- Direct deposit form - if you want your paycheck to be deposited into your bank account.
3. After completing the above paperwork, you will receive an Authorization to Work Card from the JobShop. Give this card to your employer.