1999 Schedule - January 7 - 27
- 7 Francis S. Collins, M.D.,
- Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute
"Genes, Medicine, and Your Future"
Van Andel Foundation
- 8 Gustav Niebuhr
- National Religion Correspondent
"The Church and the Challenge of Contemporary
Carroll and Jeanette Bos
- 11 Gary Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Calvin College English Professor, Author and professional writer
"Of Duchesses and Sin Eaters: The Pattern of Story"
Creative Dining Services
- 12 Scott Ritter
- Former chief United Nation weapons inspector in Iraq; in charge of searching
out weapons of mass destruction
"Inside the Terror: The Truth About Iraq"
- 13 Ellis Cose
- Contributing Editor, Newsweek
"Color-Blind: Seeing Beyond Race in a Race Obsessed
Hospice of Michigan
- 14 Robert D. Kaplan
- Contributing Editor, Atlantic Monthly
"The United States is Born to Die"
- 15 James Billington, Ph.D.
- The Librarian of Congress
"The Face of Russia"
- 18 Garrison Keillor
- Author and Storyteller, with Poet Roland Flint ( Presented in The Fieldhouse)
"An Abecedary of Poetry"
Miller, Johnson, Snell & Cummiskey
- 19 Michael Beschloss
- Presidential Historian and Author
"Presidents in Trouble: What Does History Tell
- 20 Barbara Dafoe-Whitehead
- Author of The Divorce Culture
"When Father Disappears..."
Gainey Transportation Services, Inc.
- 21 Kathleen Hall Jamieson,
- Dean of Annenberg School of Communication, University of Pennsylvania
"Spiral of Cynicism: Press and the Public Good"
Varnum, Riddering, Schmidt & Howlett LLP
- 22 Valentina Lisitsa &
- Duo Pianists
Lawrence D., Sr. and Dolores Bos
- 25 Peter Kreeft, Ph.D.
- Professor of Philosophy, Boston College
"How to Win the Culture War"
- 26 Stuart Kingma, M.D.
- World Health Organization, United Nations
"W.H.O. WARNING: Preventing Tribal Wars Reduces
Risk to Health"
- 27 Steven Landsburg, Ph.D.
- Professor of Economics at University of Rochester, Author of The Armchair
"The Economist on the Playground:
What My Ten-Year Daughter and I Taught Each Other About Economic Justice"
John and Mary Loeks;
Mark and Carol Muller
Contact June Hamersma
Last revised on 022/28/99 by Judi Tieri.