Information about departmental chargesThe Verizon Wireless contract is a shared minutes plan. The plan includes the following features per month:
- 200 airtime minutes per phone, including local and domestic Long Distance calling.
Unused minutes are shared between all Calvin College Verizon users.
- Free mobile to mobile (Verizon to Verizon).
- Free nights and weekends. 9:01 p.m. until 5:59 a.m.
- Voice Mail
- Caller ID
- Call Forwarding
- Call Waiting
- 3-Way Calling
- Roaming charges are $0.69/minute when outside the Verizon coverage area or for calls to/from Canada
- Text messages are $0.20/message.
- Sending a picture is $0.25/picture.
- Information calls (411 or xxx.555.1212) are $1.25 each
To activate your phone for this rate plan, you must dial *228 and follow the instructions. This command also updates your phone with the latest software. It is a good practice to dial *228 on a monthly basis.
Departments are billed a flat rate of $40/month per phone. You will also be charged for any new equipment, roaming fees and information calls.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question.