Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content

General Telephone Instructions

To Call on Campus

To call any extension on campus, dial 6, then the four-digit extension number.

To Call off Campus

Local Grand Rapids: Dial 9, then the seven digit number.

Local and Long Distance Directory Assistance

A calling card is necessary to place directory assistance calls from a residence hall room.

  • To use a calling card: Dial 91, then the calling card access number. After reaching your long distance carrier, dial 1-area code-555-1212. The area code must be the one assigned to the area you are trying to call.

Pay phones are also available at various locations throughout the campus.