- Dial your AUDIX system.
- When prompted, enter your extension number and the pound sign (#).
- When prompted, enter the default password.
Record Your Name
- When prompted, press 1.
- Say your name.
- Press 1 again.
- After your recording is played back:
- Press 1 to re-record your name.
- Press # to approve your recording.
Create Your Own Password
The first time you access the AUDIX system, you use a default password. You should create your own password for accessing the system after the first time.
- When prompted, enter the password you would like to use for accessing your AUDIX mailbox.
- Press #.
- To confirm, enter your password again, followed by #.
Record a Greeting
Incoming callers will hear your personal greeting when they reach the AUDIX system. You might want to write down your greeting before recording it.
- After confirming your new password, or after logging in, press 3 to access the Administer Personal Greeting menu.
- When prompted, press 1 to create a greeting.
- Enter the greeting number (for example, enter 1 for greeting #1).
- At the tone, record your greeting.
- When finished recording, press #.
- After you record your greeting, you can:
- Press 2 3 to listen to the greeting.
- Press 1 to re-record your greeting.
- Press # to accept your greeting.
- After accepting, press 1 to use this greeting for all incoming calls.
Get Your Messages
You could have messages already waiting when you use the AUDIX system for the first time. You will hear how many messages you have when you log in.
- From the main menu, press 2.
- After each header, press 0 to hear the message.
- After you listen to the message, you can:
- Press * D(3) to delete the message.
- Press # to skip the message and save it.
- Press 1 to reply to the message.
- Press * * X or hang up the telephone.