Calvin Information Technology provides telecommunication services for Calvin's campus. If you are having problems with your Calvin-owned telephone, the telephone jack, or need to request a change to your telephone, contact the HelpDesk. Please indicate the nature of your problem and give your name, telephone number, building name, and room number.
In Case of Emergency contact Campus Safety
- Dial 3-3333 from on-campus phone to reach Campus Safety
- Dial 616-526-3333 or text firstname.lastname@example.org to reach Campus Safety from a cell phone
- DO NOT dial 911 for an on-campus emergency - always contact Campus Safety
- When you begin work at Calvin, you will be issued a Calvin phone number and a CallXpress voicemail account. Your supervisor will receive this information from the HelpDesk.
- If you are moving offices, please do not move your telephone. See our Office Move web page for important information regarding changing offices and/or departments.
- Please contact the HelpDesk if you need assistance with your phone and/or voicemail.
- Learn how to use your on-campus desk phone
- See user guides for your specific desk phone model
- Learn how to access and use CallXpress voicemail on the voicemail web page.
- CIT does not offer feature level support for mobile devices, but most up-to-date mobile devices are able to connect to our wireless network
- Employees whose job responsibilites require frequent use of a cell phone can have a cell phone requested by a supervisor on their behalf
- CIT offers two types of conference calls for Calvin faculty and staff:
- Self Service Conference Calls from Calvin desk phone
- You can use your desk phone to make conference calls with up to 6 participants.
- Meet Me Conference Calls
- Attendees can enter or leave conference as they wish. You must request a Meet Me conference number one week prior to your conference call.