Connecting to eduroam with Windows 7
Eduroam is available for current Calvin students, faculty, and staff.
Visitors, parents, conference attendees, and other guests of the college, please use the Guest network.
The best way to connect your computer to eduroam is to connect to the wireless_setup_instructions network, open an Internet browser, refresh the page, and follow the instructions from there. This wizard will load a tool that will configure the wireless network for you.
If you are having difficulty using the wireless setup instructions, you may use the instructions below to manually connect your computer to eduroam:
- Click on your Start button
- Click on
- In the Control Panel, find and click on(Note: if you don't see this option, you may have to change your View By setting to Small Icons in the top right corner.)
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, click on (near the top left)
- To add eduroam, click
- Click the option to manually create a network profile
- Enter eduroam as the network name, select WPA2 Enterprise as the security type, and AES as the encryption type (usually selected by default). Leave the box checked to start the connection automatically. Click Next. (Note: if you are missing any of these options, your computer's wireless card may not be compatible - see requirements.)
- Click on change connection settings
- Click the Settings button
- Check the boxes to validate the server certificate and connect to a server. Enter radius.calvin.edu as the server. Scroll down to GlobalSign Root CA under Trusted Root Certification Authorities and check the box. Click the Configure... button.
- Uncheck the box "Automatically login with your Windows username and password" and click OK
- Click OK and Close to complete the configuration. You can also close out of the Control Panel.
- Click on the wireless indicator icon in your system tray (usually the bottom right corner)
- A list of available wireless networks will load on the right side of your screen. Click once on eduroam. Check the "connect automatically" option and click the Connect button.
- Click Enter/select additional logon information and enter your full Calvin email address in the Username field and your Calvin passphrase in the Password field. Click OK.
- You should now be connected to eduroam. If you are a student and have not yet registered your computer for the semester, you will be prompted to do so when you open an Internet browser and refresh the page (faculty and staff will not need to register).
Please bring your computer to the HelpDesk (basement of the Hekman Library)
for assistance available 8:00AM - 4:30PM Monday - Friday.