Connecting to eduroam with Mac OSX
Eduroam is available for current Calvin students, faculty, and staff. Visitors, parents, conference attendees, and other guests of the college, please use the Guest network.
The best way to connect your computer to eduroam is to connect to the wireless_setup_instructions network, open an Internet browser, refresh the page, and follow the instructions from there. This wizard will load a tool that will configure the wireless network for you.
If you are having difficulty using the wireless setup instructions, you may use the instructions below to manually connect your computer to eduroam:
- Click the wireless signal indicator near the top right of your screen.
- Choose Join other network...
- For the Network Name enter eduroam, for Security select WPA2 Enterprise, for the Username enter your full Calvin e-mail address, and for the Password enter your Calvin passphrase. Click Join.
- You may see a Verify Certificate window. If so click Show Certificate.
- In the expanded Verify Certificate window, click the down arrow next to Trust. Change the setting to Always Trust and click Continue.
- You may now be prompted to enter the password for your computer. This is so that the certificate can be saved in your computer's Keychain. Enter the password you use to logon to your computer (not your Calvin passphrase) and click Update Settings.
- You should now be connected to eduroam.
Please bring your computer to the HelpDesk (basement of the Hekman Library)
for assistance available 8:00AM - 4:30PM Monday - Friday.