WiFi @ Calvin
Calvin provides different ways to connect to our wireless network:
- eduroam is a secure and encrypted wireless network available only to Calvin College students, faculty, and staff. A Calvin username and passphrase is required.
- Guest is an unsecured public wireless network available to guests.
As this Internet access is intended for campus guests, not all campus Internet services are available through guest access. Guest is available in most locations across campus. This network is unencrypted. All information is transmitted in clear text.
Connecting to eduroam
All you need to connect to eduroam is:
- for help connecting mobile devices, please see connecting a mobile device
- a device with a wireless card with WPA2 Enterprise a, b, g or n capability
- a PC with Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8
- an Apple computer with Mac OS 10.7.5 (Lion) or higher
Connecting to Guest
To connect to Guest wireless, just select the network from the list of available wireless networks that your computer provides, open a web browser, and fill out the form. If you do not see Guest in your list of available networks, you are not in an area where wireless is available. More information, setup instructions, and a detailed list of available locations
NOTE: Guest wireless is unencrypted. All information is
transmitted in clear text.
For any questions or help connecting to one of these networks, please visit CIT HelpDesk in the basement of the Hekman Library.
If you are near one of the available wireless locations, you may experience wireless bleed from a nearby access point. That means your wireless-ready device may see a wireless network, but the signal may not be strong enough to make a reliable connection. This may also happen in some classrooms.
Responsible Use of Technology
As with any technology on campus, you are expected to adhere to Calvin's Policy on Responsible Use of Technology. In addition, please see Appendix A: Statement on Wireless Networking Devices.