Browser Requirements for Using Novell NetStorage
Many browsers may work for accessing NetStorage.
Configure your browser to accept pop-ups from NetStorage
You may need to configure your Internet browser to accept pop-ups from netstorage.calvin.edu. Please refer to your browser's help files.
go to top
Log in to NetStorage
1. To access your Novell account via
NetStorage, open an Internet browser and go to http://netstorage.calvin.edu.
2. Enter your Username and Novell Password.
3. Make sure to logout after
- Please do not use the "save password" feature for NetStorage. Other people who use the same computer will then be able to login to your account after you leave.
- It is very important that you logout of NetStorage each time you are done using NetStorage. If you don't logout, someone else could deliberately or inadvertently
access your account, delete files or cause other problems.
are responsible for your Novell account and all of the files that
are stored there.
go to top
NetStorage File Management
Although you can create folders and
subfolders using NetStorage, you cannot
edit or save a file the same way you do on a Windows or Mac
computer. Instead, you must upload and download your files between
your personal computer and NetStorage.
Edit a file stored on the network using NetStorage
In order to edit or print a file from one of your network drives you first have to download the file to your computer.
1. Login to NetStorage and select the drive that contains your file.
2. Highlight the file you wish to download.
3. From the NetStorage menu, select File > Download for Editing (or right-click on the file that you want to download, then select Download for Editing).
4. Two dialog boxes appear on your screen File Download and Editing File.
5. From the File Download dialog box, click Save to save the file to your computer.
6. Select the location where you want to save the downloaded the file the click Save.
7. When the download is complete locate the file on your computer to Open and edit. Remember you must have the correct software installed on your personal computer in order to edit your files.
NOTE: If you have a popup blocker or your security settings are not set low enough, you may get a security warning. Go ahead and allow the file to be downloaded. If you get a message that the file is already open for editing select Open for Viewing.
8. When you are done editing your document, Save your document.
9. If you want to upload your edited document back to NetStorage open the Editing File dialog box. It should be open so look on your taskbar. If it is not open, login to NetStorage and navigate to the correct folder. From the NetStorage menu, select File > Upload.
10. Browse for your file from the Editing File dialog box.
11. Click Finished to upload your document to NetStorage.
go to top
Upload a File
If you create a new file that you want saved to a network drive,
the file needs to be uploaded from your computer to the network drive.
1. Login to NetStorage. From the NetStorage menu, select File > Upload.
Browse your computer's files for the file you want to upload.
3. Click Upload to place a copy of your file in NetStorage.
go to top
Move Files in NetStorage
using NetStorage, you do not have drag-and-drop capabilities. You
can, however, move files from one folder to another.
1. Right-click on the file you want to move and select Move.
2. A windows opens giving you directions to Go to the destination folder and click Paste.
Log out of NetStorage
It is very important you logout each
time you are done using NetStorage, especially if you are using a public
computer. If you don't logout, someone else could deliberately
or inadvertently access your account, delete files or cause other
problems. You are responsible for your storage space and all
of the files that are stored there.
Click on the Logout button at the top of the page.
you have logged out, you will see the following displayed on your
go to top