Campus-Wide Mailing Lists
- Calvin faculty and staff are automatically subscribed to Calvin News and CIT Alert
- Calvin students are automatically subscribed to Student News and Student Alert
Calvin News is sent out at least once a day and is intended for general news items related to Calvin College faculty and staff. To have a message posted to Calvin News, send a plain text email with no attachments to email@example.com.
Student News is sent out at least once a day and is intended for general news items related to Calvin College students. To have a message posted to Student News, send a plain text email with no attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIT Alert / Student Alert is sent only when necessary to alert faculty, staff and students of technology-related outages, planned outages or issues.
Mailman Mailing Lists
Mailman is a web integrated mailing list software used for creating and managing mailing lists. Mailman supports list archiving, moderation, plain text, HTML, sending attachments, etc. If you are the owner/moderator of a list, you can log in to the Mailman admin web interface to manage your list.
- Mailing lists for all Calvin semster courses and Calvin student advisors are automatically created and populated
- New Mailman mailing lists can be requested from the HelpDesk
- You can subscribe to an existing Mailman list using the Mailman web interface