When Novell upgraded GroupWise WebAccess it added a lot of additional functionality. These are functions that people have been requesting for several years. Along with that additional functionality however, comes problems for dial-up users and others who use computers with slow Internet connections. If you are using WebAccess with a slow Internet connection please try the following:
- If you are using DSL, dialup, or have a very slow Internet connection please use the Low (dialup) option available on the login screen. According to Novell, " The low interface looks the same as the default interface, but it does not auto-update the message list and the calendar. In addition, the low bandwidth interface does not support name completion."
- Make sure you don't have any "toolbars" loaded like the Yahoo! Toolbar, Google Toolbar, anything that's an add-on to either FireFox or IE.
- Try using another browser (i.e. IE and FireFox) and see if access is the same. One browser might give you faster access.
- Be sure you are picking the low bandwidth option and not the high bandwidth option (which is the default)
- Try using the basic interface to see if it makes a difference in speed. The basic interface is text-based so access should be considerably faster.