Microsoft Office 365 & Office 2013
Office 365 for Personal Use
As part of Calvin's agreement with Microsoft, faculty and staff can download and install Office 365 on home/personal devices up to five times at no cost. Office 365 is the cloud-based implementation of the current Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc). Office 365 will always provide the latest versions of Microsoft Office applications and allow you to download updates.
- Office 365 is only available for *current* versions of operating systems (this is determined by Microsoft, not CIT). If you have an older operating system, there will be a different version of Office available but you will need to upgrade to a currently supported operating system to make full use of Office 365.
- Office 365 is only available for people who have already migrated from GroupWise to Office 365. These migrations are taking place from June - October, 2013. Contact the HelpDesk or your supervisor or department chair to check when your migration is scheduled.
- Computers and devices running Office 365 should be regularly connected to the Internet or allowed to connect periodically. Office 365 will need to "talk" to Microsoft to install updates and verify the license. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, you may want to install Office 2010 instead (see step 5 below).
To install Office 365
- Login to Outlook Web App (OWA) owa.calvin.edu
- Click the cog/gear shaped icon next to your name in the top right corner
- Choose Office 365 Settings
- Click Software on the left side of the page
- Click Review System Requirements to verify whether your computer supports Office 365. If your computer meets the system requirements, the web page will automatically select the appropriate version (it will usually say "32-bit"). If your computer does not meet the requirements, you can use the Install Office 2010 Professional Plus link at the bottom of the page instead
- Click the Install button if your computer meets the system requirements
To setup your Calvin email account