GWSync uses the Novell Data Synchronizer to sync your GroupWise account data to your phone or other mobile device. With GWSync, you can browse, send, and receive email, and have access to your GroupWise address book and cabinet folders as well as your calendar and appointments.
GWSync allows you to access all of your personal GroupWise account data on your mobile device. Shared folders, shared address books, and proxy functionality are not available via GWSync.
In order to use GWSync, you will first have to contact the HelpDesk and request to be added to the GWSync service, or complete a web form request.
CIT will assist with GWSync to the best of our abilities but because of the range of mobile devices available, we cannot guarantee that it will work with all devices nor can we offer feature-level support.
Setting up GWSync on your iOS mobile device
- Go to Settings
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap Add Account… under Accounts
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Follow the steps to set up your GWSync account
- Email: your full GroupWise email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Username: your Calvin username (ex. jcalvin)
- Password: your Calvin passphrase
- Description: Calvin GroupWise
- Domain: leave this field blank
- Click the Next button and then enter the server: gwsync.calvin.edu
- You will probably get a “Cannot Verify Server Identity” message. Make sure you choose to Continue
- Choose what you want to sync and hit Save
- In your Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings you should now see your GroupWise account listed in your accounts. If you tap the account, you can change the settings for Mail Days to Sync. You can set this to as long as you want, but please do not set this to No Limit.
Setting up GWSync on your Android mobile device
- Set up your GWSync account
- From the home screen, tap the Menu button
- Go to Settings > Accounts
- Tap Add account
- Select Corporate Sync from the list of account types
- Follow the steps in order to set up your GWSync account
- Server: gwsync.calvin.edu
- Make sure you choose the option to use a secure connection
- If prompted, make sure to use SSL port 443
- You may be prompted to accept the server certificate or be warned that the certificate is not validated. Make sure that you accept the certificate and disable verification (if applicable).
- After logging in, you may see a message informing you that setup was successful.
- You will now be able to access your GroupWise email, calendar, and contacts via your device’s built-in Email, Calendar, and Contact apps.
- In your Accounts settings, you will now see your GroupWise account listed. If you tap the account, you can change the settings for how many messages to sync. By default, this is set to three days. You can set this to as long as you want, but please do not set this to Unlimited or No Limit.