- Your official e-mail address is email@example.com.
For example, John C. Calvin's official e-mail address might be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will also be given an e-mail alias of their first and last name, separated by a period. Middle initials will be used in cases of name conflict.
For example, John C. Calvin would have an e-mail alias of email@example.com.
- You are allowed to pick an additional e-mail alias.
For example, John C. Calvin could pick firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calvin automatically forwards any e-mail using your alias to your official Calvin e-mail box. Setting an e-mail alias does not change your username.
Each Calvin faculty, staff, and student is given a username. The username is what you use each time you log in to a Calvin system.
The e-mail alias that you select allows you to use a more personal name for e-mail. You can put it on your business cards or give them to friends or business contacts. Calvin automatically routes any e-mail using your e-mail alias to your official Calvin mailbox.
You may select one additional e-mail alias. You may change that alias at any time, but that will completely replace your former alias.
You may not choose an alias that:
- is currently in use by someone else
- includes the word Calvin or any Calvin department name
- includes inappropriate language
- is less than 5 or more than 30 characters in length