Configuring the site definition for your personal Calvin web page
In order to publish your web site from what you have created in Dreamweaver to the Calvin web space, you must configure Dreamweaver to connect to this area of the Calvin web site. This is called a site definition.
These instructions are for Dreamweaver CS 5 but should be similar to newer versions.
- Open Dreamweaver
- Click the Site menu then choose New Site
- Click the "Site" tab at the top left. Enter whatever name you would like for "Site Name:". For the "Local Site Folder:" CIT recommends you create a folder on your H: drive. Click the folder button to the right of the field and browse out to the folder you wish to use for your site, then click Select.
- Click the "Servers" tab on the left below the "Site" tab. Click the "Basic" tab at the top. Enter the following information (as shown below):
- Server Name: = webpub.calvin.edu
- Connect using: = SFTP
- SFTP Address: = webpub.calvin.edu
- Port: = 22 (default)
- Username: = [your Calvin username]
- Password: = [your Calvin passphrase]
- Root Directory: = public_html
- Web URL: = [this will fill in by default]
- Click the "Test" button to verify the connection.
- Click "Save"
- Click "Done"
Publishing your web site
To publish your files to the web, select the files that you wish to update/publish (or select the root folder at the top to publish the entire site), right click on any of the selected files and choose "Put".