Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content

Desktop ServicesDesktop Services | moving offices

Changing Departments
Moving to New Office

Changing Departments

  • Your Abacus, Novell, and Moodle accounts remain the same.
  • Your new supervisor needs to request access to your new department's network drives and your phone extension needs to be changed.

Moving to a New Office

  • Your Novell, Colleague and Moodle accounts remain the same.
  • You are responsible for moving your computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse and any other computer related equipment and peripherals. CIT will help with computer moves by special request only in certain cases. Please contact the HelpDesk for further information or if the network jack in your new office is not working.
  • After you move, make sure you notify the HelpDesk that you have moved your office computer so we can update our inventory records.
  • Departmental printers will be moved by CIT due to their size and the configuration needed for the printer once it has been moved. Please contact the HelpDesk if you have a printer that must be moved.
  • DO NOT unplug or move your phone set. If a phone is needed in your new office, CIT will either install a new phone set or move your old phone for you. There are important programming options that will be lost if you attempt to move the phone yourself that could cause you to be without a phone for a couple of days.

^ top