Included with Calvin-provisioned Laptop
- Power supply
- VGA display adapter
- CIT does not provide for external monitors, keyboards, docking stations, extra batteries, or additional power supplies
Laptop User Responsibilities
- You are expected to keep your laptop secure at all times.
- You are responsible for the supplied VGA adpter (if applicable). If yours is lost and you need a replacement, please contact the HelpDesk with your department's account number for the charge.
- Do not store confidential data on your laptop hard drive. See File Storage for file storage options available to you.
Problems to avoid
These are examples of laptop problems brought to the HelpDesk. Please take care to avoid them with your Calvin-provisioned laptop.
- Liquids spilled onto laptop
- Laptop dropped
- Laptop stolen while left unattended in public place
- Laptop stolen from unlocked campus office
- Power cord stretched across walkway and someone tripped over cord
- Cover closed with pen or power adapter lying on keyboard caused screen to crack
- Laptop left overnight in the trunk of car during the winter
- Open laptop carried by screen; causing stress cracks at the hinges
If Laptop is Stolen or Damaged
- If your laptop is stolen or damaged, please contact the HelpDesk immediately. Please do not attempt to have the computer repaired yourself.