Congratulations on your graduation from Calvin! Listed below is information regarding your Calvin accounts and access to Calvin services (StudentMail, Calvin Google Apps, Moodle, wireless access, printing access, network storage, and Calvin portal).
Your Calvin student accounts (StudentMail, Google Apps, Calvin portal, Moodle, etc) will be available for 2 months following your graduation. 2 months after your graduation, your accounts (along with all associated files and emails) will be deleted from Calvin servers. This means:
- You will not have access to files stored in your Novell account (your H Drive).
- You will not be able to check, receive, or forward your Calvin StudentMail email.
- You will not have access to Google Apps content (Drive, Docs, Calendar, etc) associated with your StudentMail account.
- You will not have access to Moodle.
- You will not have access to the Calvin portal (including services and documentation such as AERs, unofficial transcripts, financial records, pay advices, etc).
- Any other files stored in your Calvin accounts and access associated with Calvin accounts will be deleted.
- You will lose access to Microsoft Office 365 Student Advantage and any Office programs you have installed on your computer will change to read-only versions of the programs on the date of your graduation
Transfer or save all files in your Novell account (H Drive) and Google Drive to another location. We suggest copying data to an external hard drive. You can also use Google's Takeout service to download information from your StudentMail to a personal archive.
Archive, back up, or forward any email you want to keep. If you have a personal Gmail account, you can follow Google's steps on moving email and contacts from another account to Gmail.
Obtain another personal email account. We suggest using a free email service such as Gmail.
Make sure to change any online services and accounts associated with your Calvin email (such as recovery emails, login information, etc) to your personal email address.
Send out a notice of email address change, since all correspondence to your Calvin email will result in a mail delivery failure notice to the sender two months after your graduation date.
Backup, copy, and/or print off any forums, documents, bills, pay advices, etc from within the Calvin portal services that you would like to keep for your records.
Set up your uKnight account. This is a service offered by the Alumni Association. The uKnight community includes the alumni directory, classified ads, job postings, and information on how to obtain transcripts.
Unsubscribe from any non-Calvin mailing lists you have joined from your Calvin e-mail account.
If you will still be employed by Calvin College after your graduation, ask your supervisor to request Calvin staff accounts for you using the Request Additional Access form. You will not be able to keep your student email address or accounts as a Calvin employee.
CIT is not able to grant access to email (or any other Calvin accounts) for graduated students two months after your graduation date. Accounts and online services at Calvin are activated and removed based on your status with the college. This is an automated process not controlled by CIT. In order to have access to your accounts following graduation, you must have some status with the college such as being currently enrolled in classes or employeed by Calvin.
To support some of your post-graduation activities, Calvin College provides limited access to some of our computing resources.
- The Hekman Library Digital Resource Center has computers available for Internet research.
- The Career Resource Center (Hekman Library) has computers available for work on resumes, graduate school applications, and other career-related uses.
- The ITComputer Lab has designated computer stations that can be used by alumni for personal needs (such as resumes, letters, etc...), but not for business purposes or for outside organizations. Specific usage policies are located at each station and printing services are not provided.
Graduating students finishing incompletes for Calvin courses will need to make special arrangements to extend their access to Information Technology services. Please contact Academic Services (email@example.com or (616) 526-6155) for information about making these arrangements.
If you will be employed by Calvin after your graduation and do not already have staff accounts, ask your supervisor to complete the Request Additional Access form so that you will keep your Novell account and have access to Calvin email via Office 365. You will not be able to keep your StudentMail account or email address (including Google content stored on or associated with this account) even as an employee.
For additional questions and
concerns contact the HelpDesk