Blackboard Collaborate is a state-of-the-art, powerful set of web-based collaboration tools that provides videoconferencing, audio-conferencing, application sharing, interactive whiteboards, web touring capabilities, file transfers/sharing, mobile collaboration, polling, breakout rooms and more.
With Blackboard Collaborate, you can:
- Flip the classroom -- that is, you can offer your students the ability to watch recordings of any PowerPoints that you've created -- complete with your accompanying video, audio, annotations and PPT slides
- Offer your students the ability to participate with their iPhones, iPads, and Android-based devices
- Poll your students live -- online or even in your face-to-face classrooms
- Invite remote students, other faculty members, and/or guest speakers into your classrooms
- Host virtual committee meetings or departmental meetings
- Offer virtual office hours, group study sessions, web-based tutoring
- Create and participate in professional development opportunities
- Lower Calvin's environmental footprint
- Collaborate online via interactive whiteboards, shared applications, web tours
- Establish and build upon your worldwide communities of practice
- Significantly reduce travel costs while enjoying free communications* -- worldwide!
- Distribute files to live attendees and even to those folks who will be checking out your recordings later on!
- Select which of the 6 video feeds that you want to see (optional; the default is set to follow whomever "has the floor")
- View rich media and travel with your students on the web via the web touring capabilities
- Separate your online classroom into breakout groups/rooms
- Give your students the ability to record their own presentations
- And more...
- Great news!
With Blackboard Collaborate 12, you can use a telephone to dial into a virtual meeting/conference.
Blackboard Collaborate support, documentation, resources
* NOTE: To take part in free communications using Bb Collaborate, you need:
- A USB-based webcam
(A headset provides optimal audio performance but is optional as long as you have a webcam.)
- The JAVA runtime environment
(Already on Calvin's systems.)