Symposium on Common Grace in Business
The Symposium on Common Grace in Business, hosted by the Calvin College Business Department and held at the Prince Conference Center, on the campus of Calvin College, will bring members of the faith, academic, and business communities together to explore and consider Abraham Kuyper's works on common grace and how it applies to various business disciplines. The event will also celebrate the publication of the Acton Institute's first translation of Kuyper's works on common grace into English.
Several high profile scholars and businessmen and women are slated to attend and present at the event, including keynote presentations from the below:
Dr. Richard Mouw - Dr. Mouw is an American theologian and philosopher. He is the former President of Fuller Theological Seminary, a position he held for 20 years. He is currently the Professor of Faith and Public Life at Fuller's School of Theology.
Dr. Peter Heslam - Dr. Heslam is Director of Transforming Business, a multi-disciplinary research and development project on enterprise solutions to poverty at Cambridge University. He has established an international reputation for work at the interface between ethics, business, society, and culture.
Other key panelists include:
- Bing Goei, Eastern Floral
- Sid Jansma Jr., Wolverine Gas & Oil
- Milt Kuyers, GMK Companies
- Amy Ruis, Art of the Table
- Michelle Van Dyke, Fifth Third Bank
Faculty presenters include:
- Tom Betts, Calvin College
- Dr. Brian Cawley, Calvin College
- Robert Eames, Calvin College
- Dr. Jill Risner, Calvin College
- Dr. Debbie Snyder, Calvin College
- Dr. Peter Snyder, Calvin College
- Dr. Jason Stansbury, Calvin College
- Marilyn Stansbury, Calvin College
- Dr. Tom Smith, Hope College
- Dr. Leonard Van Drunen, Calvin College