Symposium on Common Grace in Business
The Symposium on Common Grace in Business, hosted by the Calvin College Business Department and held at the Prince Conference Center, on the campus of Calvin College, will bring members of the faith, academic, and business communities together to explore and consider Abraham Kuyper's works on common grace and how it applies to various business disciplines. The event will also celebrate the publication of the Acton Institute's first translation of Kuyper's works on common grace into English.
DOWNLOAD OUR AGENDA HERE.
Several high profile scholars and businessmen and women are slated to attend and present at the event, including keynote presentations from the below:
Dr. Richard Mouw - Dr. Mouw is an American theologian and philosopher. He is the former President of Fuller Theological Seminary, a position he held for 20 years. He is currently the Professor of Faith and Public Life at Fuller's School of Theology.
Dr. Peter Heslam - Dr. Heslam is Director of Transforming Business, a multi-disciplinary research and development project on enterprise solutions to poverty at Cambridge University. He has established an international reputation for work at the interface between ethics, business, society, and culture.
Business Leaders' Panel:
Business Scholars' Panel:
- Dr. Vahagn Asatryan, Redeemer University College
- Dr. Scott Quatro, Covenant College
- Dr. Kelli Schutte, William Jewell College
Theology of Work Panel:
- Dr. Bruce Baker, Seattle Pacific University
- Dr. John Bolt, Calvin Theological Seminary
- Dr. Scott Rae, Biola University
Faculty presentations include:
- Common Grace and Price Discrimination, presented by Dr. Jill Risner, Professor Tom Betts, and Professor Bob Eames, Calvin College
- Moral Imagination as a Reformational Influence, presented by Dr. Jason Stansbury, Calvin College
- Lean Operations Principles and Practices: Taking a Common Grace Perspective, presented by Dr. Thomas Smith, Hope College
- Common Grace and the Eucharistic Practice of Hospitality in Strategic Planning, presented by Dr. Peter Snyder, Calvin College
- People as Workers in the Image of God: Opportunities for Christian Human Resource Managers to Promote Flourishing, presented by Dr. Brian Cawley and Dr. Peter Snyder, Calvin College
- Debt, Risk, and Grace, presented by Dr. Leonard Van Drunen, Calvin College
- Excellence, Success, and the Protective Function of Common Grace in Accounting, presented by Professor Marilyn Stansbury, Dr. Debra Snyder, and Dr. Jason Stansbury, Calvin College