Do you qualify?
Christmas transitional housing is intended for the following students only:
- International students (non-Canadian)
- Students living outside the Midwest who have nowhere else to stay
- Students employed on campus who have nowhere else to stay
- KE students who wish to stay in their apartment over Christmas Break
Cost and fees
- All dorm students will be required to pay a $25 non-refundable registration fee, regardless if you are staying with a friend in KE or staying with a host arranged by the office.
- In addition there is a charge of $15 per night for those who need the housing office to arrange a spot for them to stay during break.
- You can avoid a nightly housing charge if you arrange to live with a friend who is a current KE resident. You must still apply and register for housing.
- Note: There will be a $100.00 fine plus the nightly charge of $15 to anyone who staying in KE without applying and receiving a placement. All Christmas Break housing fees will be charged to your miscellaneous account.
What to Pack
Bed sheets are not provided. You will NOT be able to get into your dorm room after 10:00am on Saturday. Those staying with hosts will have limited access to their pots, pans, and plates. However, there will be some additional cooking items at the deskie available for check out. Please try to limit what you bring to 2 suitcases. It is not necessary to bring over all your belongings. The dorms are locked and your items will be safe there. You do not need to bring cleaning supplies as they are available in the apartments. There will be a van available for transportation to the apartments. Space is limited, so please plan accordingly.
The dining halls will be closed during Christmas Break. The last meal available is lunch on Friday, December 18th. The dining hall will re-open on Tuesday, January 5th for dinner.
Housing is available from Saturday, December 19th - Monday, January 4th
The registration deadline for Christmas Break housing is Friday, December 4th. Applicants who apply after December 4th will be required to pay a $50 non-refundable registration fee. Sign up here.
Current KnollCrest East Residents
- There is no charge for current KE residents to stay during break. However, registration is still required. You will remain in your current apartment over break. Students interested in housing dorm students should contact Rachel Hamiliton.
All Calvin College policies apply during Christmas Break.