Meet some of our Mentors
Expectations of Mentors
To foster the goals of Project Neighborhood through serving as a participant-mentor in the life of the house and giving leadership through modeling, mentoring and facilitating a house environment which is caring, accountable, shaped by prayer and biblical principles.
- Facilitate and encourage the active participation and ownership of the students in developing and living a common life together in which they relate to one another as image bearers of God, bridge social and economic barriers and develop vision and capacity for service.
- Facilitate the formation of, participation in, and reflection upon the community of the house, including weekly house meetings which attempt to develop desired outcomes for the project.
- Facilitate house meetings to determine responsibilities related to housekeeping, meals, property maintenance and neighbor relations.
- Provide mentoring and discipleship avenues for residents.
- Ensure the maintenance of the physical structure of the house, in connection with the facility supervisor.
- Develop positive personal relationships with neighbors and facilitate the student's efforts in this regard.
- Serve as representative of the college.
Interested in becoming a PN Mentor?
We will be hiring in the beginning of April. Please look for the job posting in early March.