Cost of living at KE
- Phi/Chi apartments: $1,710/semester ($3,420/year) (utilities included)
- Recently renovated apartments: $1,785/semester ($3,570/year) (utilities included)
- Recently renovated apartments are: Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Kappa, Theta/Epsilon, Zeta/Lambda
- $1,000 for the entire summer, $350 per month or $12 per night.
- Summer housing applications are available at the Housing Office, Dorm Deskies, and the Knollcrest East Deskie. Or can be downloaded here. Certain restrictions apply.
- Applicants and down payment due May 1st.
How to apply:
- Fill out one “Group Profile Form” as a group interested in living in the same apartment. Only one group profile form needs to be turned in per group. If you are applying as a single, only your name will be present on the form. (Forms available on the bottom of this page, in the Housing office, at residence hall desks, and in KE)
- Turn your form in by 5:00pm on Friday, March 1 to the Housing Office to be considered for the KE Apartment Lottery.
- Each person must fill out a “KE Apartment Agreement” by Friday, March 8 for the group to be considered in the Apartment Lottery, which will be held on Tuesday, March 12. We encourage you to turn this in with your group profile form (pick your apartment agreement up at the KE Desk, your residence hall or the housing office ).
- All Apartment Agreements for your group must be turned in before you will be permitted to participate in KE Lottery (unless someone in your group is on an off-campus program)
KE Lottery Information...
- The KE Lottery will be held on Tuesday, March 12 at 4:00pm in the Commons Lecture Hall.
- Your attendance is required to ensure placement.
- Groups of 5 will draw first, followed by groups of 4.
- Groups of 3 will draw last if any apartments are remaining.
- Individuals and groups of 2 do not need to attend (we will inform you later of your placement, if we are able to place you).
Sophomores are not allowed to live in the KE apartments next year. If they have an extenuating circumstance they are welcome to make an appointment with Jay Wise, Assistant Dean of Residence Life. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
Breaking an Apartment Agreement...
Once you receive a placement at the KE Lottery or later, your appartment agreement goes into effect.
Full-time students who remain at Calvin may not break an Apartment Agreement unless given permission by the Residence Life Office or Knollcrest East area coordinator.
If permission is not granted, the student will be charged full Room and Board for the duration fo the agreement. If permission is granted, students will be chrged a $200.00 fee for breaking the agreement. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
Download your KE Apartment Agreement (PDF)
Get your KE Apartment Agreement form at the KE Desk, your residence hall, or the housing office.