Cost of living at KE
- All apartments have been recently renovated.
Cost for 2014-2015 is $3,820 per year/ $1,910per semester*
*Note: Finalized price for 2015-2016 will come out in early March.
2015-16 KE Application
How to apply:
- Please fill out the application here.
- Turn your form in by 5:00pm on Monday, March 9 to the Housing Office to be considered for the KE Apartment selction process.
- All Apartment Agreements for your group must be turned in before you will be permitted to participate in KE Apartment selection process (unless someone in your group is on an off-campus program)
KE Apartment Selection Process Information
- The KE Appartment Selection will be held on Thursday, March 26 at 4:00pm in the Commons Lecture Hall.
- Your attendance is required to ensure placement (Groups of 1 and 2 DO NOT have to attend selection).
- Order or selection:
- Same apartment-mates (at least 3) staying in the same apartment
- Brand new groups, all returning KE students (5 or more, then 4, then 3)
- New to KE groups of 5 or more, then 4, then 3
Sophomores are not allowed to live in the KE apartments next year. If they have an extenuating circumstance they are welcome to make an appointment with Jay Wise, Assistant Dean of Residence Life. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
Breaking an Apartment Agreement
Once you receive a placement at the KE Apartment Selection or later, your appartment agreement goes into effect.
Full-time students who remain at Calvin may not break an Apartment Agreement unless given permission by the Residence Life Office or Knollcrest East area coordinator.
If permission is not granted, the student will be charged full Room and Board for the duration fo the agreement. If permission is granted, students will be chrged a $200.00 fee for breaking the agreement. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
KE Appartment Application