Cost of living at KE
- All apartments have been recently renovated.
Cost for 2016–2017 is approximately $3,905 per year / $1,952.50 per semester
2016–17 KE application
How to apply
- Please fill out the application here.
- Turn your form in by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 7 to the housing office to be considered for the KE apartment selection process.
- All apartment agreements for your group must be turned in before you will be permitted to participate in KE apartment selection process (unless someone in your group is on an off-campus program)
KE apartment selection process information
- The KE apartment selection will be held on Thursday, March 24 at 4 p.m. in the Commons Lecture Hall.
- Your attendance is required to ensure placement (Groups of 1 and 2 DO NOT have to attend selection).
- Order of selection
*Order of selection is determined by the timestamp of when the application was turned in
- 3 or more KE residents returning to the same apartment are automatically given that apartment
- Groups with 3 or more returning KE residents (beginning with groups of 5, then 4, then 3)
- Groups with 2 or more returning KE residents (beginning with groups of 5, then 4, then 3)
- All other groups (beginning with groups of 5, then groups of 4, then groups of 3)
Sophomores are not allowed to live in the KE apartments next year. If they have an extenuating circumstance they are welcome to make an appointment with Jay Wise, Assistant Dean of Residence Life. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
Breaking an Apartment Agreement
Once you receive a placement at the KE Apartment Selection or later, your apartment agreement goes into effect.
Full-time students who remain at Calvin may not break an apartment agreement unless given permission by the residence life office or Knollcrest East area coordinator.
If permission is not granted, the student will be charged full room and board for the duration or the agreement. If permission is granted, students will be charged a $200.00 fee for breaking the agreement. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
KE apartment application