International students can pay their tuition, room and board, and school fees in their local currency through Custom House, a Western Union Company. The student’s payment will be received and posted by Calvin College directly to the student’s account in US dollars.
How it works
Students access the Student KnightPay site through a link on the Calvin College website where they are authorized to make their academic payment arrangements in US dollars.
The US dollar payment amount is converted to and displayed in the student’s local currency which needs to be transferred by the student to a Custom House bank account. The transfer can be made either via the student’s Internet Banking Service or through the student’s bank. All instructions will be clearly displayed via Student KnightPay.
Once the Student KnightPay link to Custom House has been accessed, a series of 4 screens will appear.
- Screen 1: Choose a language and enter in the student information. (The Calvin student ID number will be needed. It can be found on the top right hand of Calvin Billing Statements.)
- Screen 2: Enter in the payment information in US dollars as prompted. (Calvin Billing Statements will show account balances and minimum amounts due.)
- Screen 3: View the local currency payment amount and select the Custom House banking partner to which the funds will be transferred.
- Screen 4: View & print bank transfer details.
- Print the form in order to transfer the funds via your Internet Banking Services, or
- Present the printed form at your local bank to initiate payment and ask that the bank begin the process of making a wire transfer using the information on that form.
Things to Remember
- The Calvin College Student ID # is necessary for the student on whose behalf you are making the payment.
- If this payment method is chosen, please read through the information displayed on the Student KnightPay screens carefully to avoid missing any important information or instructions.
- Print out the payment instructions form when prompted for a record of the information.
- Once the exchange rate is booked, 48 hours is given to make the funds transfer.
- Australian Dollar
- Bahrain Dinar
- British Pound
- Canadian Dollar
- Cyprus Pound
- Czech Koruna
- Danish Krone
- European Euro
- Fijian Dollar
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Hungarian Forint
- Israeli Shekel
- Japanese Yen
- Mexican Peso
- New Zealand Dollar
- Norwegian Krone
- Polish Zloty
- Singapore Dollar
- South Africa Rand
- Swedish Krona
- Swiss Franc
- United Arab Emirates Dirham
Access to International Knight Pay
International Knight Pay