What is a Silent Retreat?
A Sabbath time to pray, read, walk and rest, so you might live well before God this year.
- Approximately 18 hours of the retreat will be spent in silence, including meals. Only in initial worship and closing wrap up will spoken language be encouraged.
- Attendees will have access to Camp Geneva’s outdoor trails, Lake Michigan shoreline and outdoor fire pit.
When is the next one?
March 1-2, 2013
Where is it?
Camp Geneva, Holland Michigan, along the Lake Michigan shoreline.
Time & transportation:
- Leave campus: 6:15pm on Friday, meeting near the ATM in the Commons Annex
- Return to campus: by 5pm Saturday.
What to bring:
Bible, journal, bedding (sleeping bag, pillow, etc), toiletries,watch or clock, clothing, including appropriate outdoor wear. Flashlight and snacks to share are optional.
What NOT to bring:
Any technology (cell phone, computer, iPod, etc.), homework or paperwork.
What is provided:
- Transportation to and from Calvin
- Camp lodging; heated cabins sleeping 10 persons
- 2 meals (breakfast and lunch) on Saturday
Registration & Cost:
- Register and pay at Campus Ministries- Commons Annex 150
- Cost is $15 for students, $25 for staff/faculty/alum (payment at registration, no refunds)
All attendees must:
- Be able to attend the entire retreat
- Use Calvin transportation
For Further Information:
Sharon Bytwerk, 526-8872, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Calvin College Campus Ministries