Before filling out the questionaire please read the following information:
How many teams are there?
- We have eight worship leading teams.
- Four teams lead Friday chapel, LOFT, and Monday chapel on a four-week rotation.
- Four teams lead Tuesday & Wednesday chapels on a four-week rotation.
How many musicians are on each team?
Both LOFT & Chapels may include piano, acoustic & electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion, organ, keyboard, auxiliary instruments (e.g. flute, violin, viola, cello, mandolin, banjo, etc.), and singers on melody and harmony (tenor, alto, and sometimes bass).
What musicians are you currently looking for?
We are eager to learn about new musicians in all the different instruments and voice parts. Though space on the teams is limited at this time, students graduate, travel abroad for interim or a semester, or need to leave the team for various reasons. At these times we can call on musicians that have auditioned, but have not yet been invited to participate.
When do the teams rehearse?
- All music for Friday, LOFT, and Monday is rehearsed Wednesday evening (8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Teams rehearse the week of their assigned week.
- Additional rehearsal for Friday chapel take place at 7:00 a.m. the day of chapel
(That’s right 7:00 a.m.! This is to avoid class conflicts.), and there is a short rehearsal Sunday night after LOFT for Monday's chapel.
- Prior to LOFT, teams begin rehearsal at 6:15 p.m
- Tuesday & Wednesday chapel teams meet at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday mornings
on their assigned week.
- All rehearsal times must be met in order to participate.
What is the time commitment?
On average, Friday, LOFT, and Monday team members will spend 3 hours a week leading. Some weeks are heavy, other weeks are light. It’s important that team members plan their time well. Commitment to Tuesday & Wednesday teams is less, averaging no more than 2 hours on the assigned week.
What equipment does the chapel provide?
The chapel has an acoustic and an electronic drum set, djembe and congas, a bass and electric guitar amplifier, a bass, electric and acoustic guitars, and a keyboard. Team members are permitted to practice with these instruments and use them in worship.