- Professor Lamanna wrote a chapter for the book Colombian Varieties of Spanish, which was published in 2012 by Iberoamericana/Vervuert. The title is "Second person singular pronoun use during closed role plays by Colombians in the North Carolina Piedmont Triad".
- He is currently involved in an ongoing research project on the integration of the Christian faith with the field of linguistics.
Singing, dancing, reading, traveling with his wife, enjoying good music (Christian, Latin, Classical, '80s pop).
Spanish-speaking countries visited
- Colombia: spent a semester abroad in Fall 1992, visited in 1996, 1999, 2004, & 2007, dissertation research in 2009, visited again in 2013.
- Spain: Mission trip to Granada in 2001.
- Mexico: Interim class in 2014 and 2015.
His wife is an architect from Bogotá, Colombia. They have extensive ties to the Hispanic communities of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Bloomington, Indiana.
- SPAN-101 - Elementary Spanish
- SPAN-102 - Elementary Spanish II
- SPAN-121 - Introductory Spanish
- SPAN-201 - Intermediate Spanish
- SPAN-202 - Intermediate Spanish II
- SPAN-340 - Spanish Phonology
- SPAN-341 - Adv Spanish Syntax & Sociolinguistics
- SPAN-370 - Advanced Cultural Topics
- Course code:
- BA (Wake Forest University 1994)
- Teacher Licensure (K-12 Spanish) University of North Carolina, Greensboro 1997
- MA (Indiana University 2005)
- PhD (Indiana University 2012)
- Spanish in the United States
- Language and Dialect Contact
- Colombian Spanish
- Spanish Syntax
- Second Language Acquisition
- Foreign Language Pedagogy
- Course code: