Marcie J. Pyper
- BA Calvin College
- MA Michigan State University 1985
- PhD Michigan State University 2005
- A study of teacher education as it pertains to second language acquisition, methodology of second language teaching, curriculum development, and teacher training
- Motivation in second language learning
- Integration of moral and spiritual values in second language learning
- "Oral Proficiency: Moving Your Students from Novice to Intermediate to Advanced," Christian Educator's Association Conference, South Bend, IN, October 2013.
- Marcie J. Pyper and Cynthia Slagter, "Spiritual Engagement and Study Abroad: Student Perspectives," Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages 14 (Spring 2013).
- "Challenges to Spiritual Identity and Expression during Study Abroad Programs" (with C. Slagter) at the 23rd Annual NACFLA Conference, Covenant College, March 23-25, 2013.
- "Cultural and Spiritual Engagement during Study Abroad Programs" (with C. Slagter) at the 22nd Annual NACFLA Conference, Westmount College, March 22-24, 2012.
- Pyper, Marcie J. & Cynthia Slagter. (2013). "Spiritual Engagement and Study Abroad: Student Perspectives." In Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages, 14 (Spring 2013).
- Pyper, Marcie J. & Cynthia Slagter. (2010). "Study Guide for Learning from the Stranger." The Kuyers Institute, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI. Available here.
- Pyper, Marcie J. & Cynthia Slagter. (2010). "Recontextualizing content using autobiographical video." In The Language Educator, 5 (February 2010), 58-60.
Spanish-speaking countries visited
Puerto Rico, Spain, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Honduras, Dominican Republic
- Course code:
Research and scholarship
- Course code: