Please refer to the campus map for directions to the various parking lots listed below. The circle drive south of the aquatic center will also be open for those who need to drop off a guest.
- Entering from Burton or the East Beltline: Use Lots 1-5
- Entering from Lake Drive: Use Lots 7 and 8
- Wheelchair and accessible parking (pdf): There are a limited number of spaces reserved in Lot 6 for those who have a designated handicapped parking permit.
- Covenant Fine Arts Center parking: Enter from the East Beltline, park in Lots 14-16, and use Calvin's Crossing to walk to the CFAC. There will be some parking for those with handicapped parking permits in Lots 9-10.
- Graduates, faculty and staff: You are asked to park in the Prince Center lot (Lots 15-16) and walk from there in order to provide enough parking spaces for all our guests.
Please allow extra time to walk to the arena.
- Van Noord Arena: Enter the main lobby from the south entrance near North Hall (preferred) or use the west entrance (walking through Hoogenboom to reach the arena lobby). There is a wheelchair ramp at the south entrance, and the north entrance (near lot 7) is also on the main building level.
- Covenant Fine Arts Center: Use the north or south entrance
- Chapel: A wheelchair-accessible entrance and elevator are available at the southwest corner of the Chapel.
For more information about accessible entrances, see the campus accessibility maps (.pdf): one page (for viewing) or two page (for printing).
Tickets and designated seating areas
- White tickets: Van Noord Arena general admission. Doors open at 1 p.m. Seats in the upper bowl have backs; seats in the lower bowl are bleachers. For seats in the lower bowl near the graduates, take the main lobby staircase down to the lower level and use the arena entrances from that level. Please see the graduates' seating chart (posted in May) to determine in advance which side of the arena you want to enter.
- Pink tickets: Van Noord Arena accessible seating—Specific seats in the lower three rows of the arena's upper bowl have been assigned for graduates' guests who requested accessible seats in advance. These seats are only for the person needing accessible seating and one guest; additional family members are assigned to general admission seating.
- Blue tickets: Covenant Fine Arts Center overflow seating. Specific accessible seats have been assigned for those who have requested them in advance. The CFAC is the preferred venue for those who need softer seats or shorter distances to walk.
- Yellow tickets: Chapel overflow seating. There are accessible seating spaces available for those who have requested it, but specific seats are not assigned.
Your graduate can pick up his or her Commencement tickets from the box office any weekday during the two weeks prior to Commencement. Student IDs are required. Graduates are responsible for distributing the tickets to family members.
Hearing and sign language assistance
- The sign language interpreter will be on the SE upper corner of the arena—the right side as you are facing the stage, near section 204.
- The Covenant Fine Arts Center and the Chapel have the Loop hearing aid audio system available throughout the venue. The arena has limited Loop audio available only in the upper bowl on the west end (the end near the main lobby) in sections 209-215.