Saturday, April 26, 2014
The D&W Fresh Market School Challenge is a community-building contest that promotes fitness at your school.
It’s easy to organize a team: Registration for the D&W Fresh Market School Challenge is all online. Choose the D&W Fresh Market School Challenge and your school’s name from the list when registering.
Students, teachers, staff, parents, grandparents and friends may all be included on your school’s team. The adult entry fee for the school challenge is $25. The student entry fee for the school challenge is $15 (available with a discount code). Children (9 or younger) may also participate in the Fun Run (shorter distances) for the entry fee of $8 and also be included on your school challenge team.
The D&W Fresh Market School Challenge team with the highest number of participants receives a $250 cash prize from D&W Fresh Market and a trophy. All students from the winning team will be entered into a drawing for a $350 gift card from Village Bike Shop. And, new this year, the school with the next-highest number of participants will also receive a prize. Stay tuned for more information about what it is! All winners will be announced at the post-race party.
How can my school participate?
- Find a coordinator to promote your school's participation.
- Promote your team on Facebook, in school newsletters, e-mails, bulletin boards, etc.
- Encourage participants to register online as soon as possible.
- We'll provide the discount code so the student entry fee is only $15.
What about a Running Club?
The D&W Fresh Market School Challenge is the perfect goal for a school running club. Students train together for fun and fitness. Some schools have had success with the following running club format:
- Meet once or twice a week at recess
- Run/walk laps outside or in gym
- Create a running course in the hallways, gym, or outside
- Use pedometers to tracks steps as motivation and encourage personal goals
- Design team t-shirts to wear on race day
If you have questions about the D&W Fresh Market School Challenge, contact Lori Feenstra, (616) 526-8425.