Saturday, April 23, 2016
The President’ Shoe Challenge is back! Calvin faculty and staff, here is your chance to build departmental pride and a sense of team spirit (oh, and bragging rights for a year).
The President’s Right Shoe
Awarded to the team with the most participants. Prizes: Recognition at the famous post-race party and the President’s Right Shoe Trophy
The President’s Left Shoe
Awarded to the team with the fastest time, as determined by cross country scoring. Prizes: Recognition at the famous post-race party, the President’s Left Shoe Trophy, and treated to lunch by the Calvin Alumni Association.
**New Category-Team Spirit Award**
Does your team have team spirit? Cool matching running socks? Team shirts and running headbands? Does your team have the best team name ever? Will you be running to a jingle written especially for the Calvin Classic 5K? Well, if this sounds anything like your team, you might be the first ever recipient of the Team Spirit Award. This year marks the first time this award will be handed out to the team that exhibits the most "team spirit." What do the winners get? Well, telling you would remove the surprise, wouldn't it?
Here's your 1-2-3
- Build a team of 4 or more colleagues. Teams must consist of at least 3 Calvin faculty or staff; immediate household family members may also compete on your team. Colleagues need not be from the same department.
- Choose a team name.
- Sign up for the Calvin 5k Spring Classic and select the President's Shoe Challenge.
Please note: All Calvin 5k Spring Classic rules and benefits apply.
Rules and Regulations
- Official team name must be submitted by Friday, April 17.
- The names of all qualifying runners/walkers for a competing team must be registered for the President's Shoe Challenge by Friday, April 17 using the official team name. Late entries will not be counted for time or participation totals.
- "Immediate family members" qualify as individuals who reside in your residence.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (616) 526-6507