Saturday, April 26, 2014
A great way to introduce kids to running, this event is not timed but a lot of fun! Adults, bring the family to cheer you on while you run or walk the 5k at 9 a.m. The whole family can cheer on the kids at 10 a.m.!
- $8 per child
- For children ages 3–9, divided by age groups
- Distances range from 100 yards to ½ mile
- Held on the indoor Sturrus Track of the Huizenga Track and Tennis Center, which is all inside the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex. See map details.
- Children receive a short-sleeve cotton t-shirt and finisher ribbon.
- Physical education games organized by Calvin College students.
- Sorry, no refunds or transfers.
- Thanks to our partners!
Join the fun...volunteer!
Volunteers make the Calvin 5k Spring Classic possible. If you are coming to cheer on your runner, why not sign up to be part of the crew? Not only will you help us provide a safe event while putting the Calvin experience within reach for remarkable students, you’ll also get a free shirt and refreshments.
Community volunteers are needed in the areas of course crew and packet pick-up. A reminder with instructions will be e-mailed to you the week leading up to race day.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (616) 526-6507
About the Fun Run
The Karen Muyskens Family Fun Run is dedicated to the memory of Calvin professor Karen Muyskens. Karen was an avid marathon runner. Calvin appreciates the continued support of the Muyskens family.