Run for a Reason
- Presented by Aspen Investment Management Inc.
- The USATF-certified course runs through Calvin's scenic, relatively flat campus.
- The 5k walk will begin at the same time as the 5k run, with walkers starting behind the runners (9 a.m.). Strollers are welcome, but must stay at the back of the race. Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and animals are not allowed on the course. Strollers may use the handcycle entrance in Lot 6.
- The handcycle division will begin before the 5k run/walk (8:54 a.m.). Special handcycle parking is available. Please follow the signs to Lot 6.
- All participants must be registered and have a race number to participate.
- Packet pickup is available on Friday, April 24 from 4-7 p.m. at Striders, 1551 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506. Late registration and packet pickup is also available on Saturday, April 25 from 7:15-9:00 a.m. (Race Day) in the Hoogenboom Health and Recreation Center inside the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex.
- Results are provided by Classic Race Management.
- Participants receive a 100% cotton pre-shrunk long-sleeve t-shirt. Participants must register by April 3, 2015, to reserve a preferred shirt size. For registrations after April 4, shirt sizes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at packet pick-up. Please come to packet pick-up early for the best selection!
- Sorry, no refunds or transfers.
- In case of severe weather, event directors reserve the right to cancel the race without refund.
- Participants are invited to enjoy post-race snacks in the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex at a Post-Race Party and Awards Ceremony; those present are eligible for drawings.
- Awards given to overall male and female, overall male and female masters, and top three in each age division for the 5k running events.
- Age divisions for the 5k race: 10 & under, 11–14, 15–19, 20–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39, 40–44, 45–49, 50–54, 55–59, 60–64, 65–69, 70–74, 75–79, 80 & over.
The Gift of Life of Michigan organ and tissue donation program aims to improve and extend lives by maximizing organ and tissue donation. One organ donor can save up to eight lives, and one tissue donor can improve the lives of up to 50 people. The demand for healthy organs vastly outpaces those available. In Michigan, about 3,000 people are waiting for a transplant and new hope for life.
Sign up to become an organ donor, and a hero, at the Calvin 5k Spring Classic. Look for the booth inside the Hoogenboom Health and Recreation Center. Register to become an organ donor before 10:30 a.m. on the day of the race to be entered into a drawing for an iPad. If you are already an organ donor, go to the Gift of Life booth and show them the heart sticker on your driver’s license to be entered for your chance to win.
The drawing for the prize will take place at the conclusion of the Post-Race Party and Awards Ceremony in the Hoogenboom Health and Recreation Center. You must be present to win.
Save time on race day and add your name to the Michigan Organ Donor Registry now!
email@example.com | (616) 526-6507