This is the application for the two head editors of Chimes for the 2013-14 school year. Applications are due on Friday, April 12, 2013 to Paula Englin (email@example.com).
Specify in your application whether you’d like to be the print-focused editor or the online-focused editor, and whether or not you’d like to be editor in chief.
Application for Media Leadership Position 2013-2014
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
a. A current resume.
- Include: Position applying for, major and minor, class level, relevant co-curricular experience, work experiences, e-mail address, and overall GPA
b. A brief portfolio or other appropriate examples of your work
c. Two statements of endorsement by Calvin students
d. One statement of endorsement from a Calvin faculty or staff member who will serve as your advisor discussing their assessment of your suitability for this leadership role
e. List of two or more prospective colleagues with whom you would like to work
f. Signed Leadership Commitment Form
g. A one-page essay that addresses:
- i. The purpose of your student organization
- ii. Specific ways you plan to fulfill that purpose
- iii. Personal qualities that will aid you in this leadership role
- iv. The role your faith will play as you lead your student organization
- It may be helpful to contact the student who currently holds the position for which you are applying, to discuss their experience in the leadership role.
- All media heads will be interviewed and selected by the Student Life Committee. Applicants may be contacted for interviews shortly after turning-in their applications.
- If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Paula Englin at firstname.lastname@example.org.