Noordewier-VanderWerp seeks to ride momentum to top

Photo by Anna Delph.
Photo by Anna Delph.

When it comes to Chaos Day, you might think of hula-hoops, racing games and tug-of-war, but first VanderWerp resident assistant Atticus Getz is thinking about a particularly prominent judge of this year’s Chaos Day competition.

“As not a whole lot of people know, President Le Roy is our judge this year, so we’re going to call on the power of the beard to bring forth our victory,” Getz said.

In 2011, Noordewier-VanderWerp (NVW) came in last place for Chaos Day. Last year, the dorm came in third place. Naturally, Getz hopes to continue the rising streak and take home the gold.

“This year I think we definitely have a shot at coming in first,” Getz said. “But of course we’ll be cheering on all the other dorms as well, and we hope that everyone will work their hardest do their best and maintain a high level of good sportsmanship.”

About the Author

Connor Sterchi

My name is Connor Sterchi and I’ll be one of the campus news editors for the 2013-14 school year. I’m from Crystal Lake, Ill. This is my senior year at Calvin and I’m planning to graduate with a major in writing and a minor in journalism. Writing is my passion and calling, which I hope to fulfill as a journalist and author.

View all posts by 

Comments