uKnight is an online meeting place that encourages alumni to reconnect with one another regardless of distance. In other words, uKnight is like an online Johnny's (the Commons Coffee Shop), a virtual extension of campus.
Oh yeah, did we mention? It's free!
How uKnight works...
Update your alumni record quickly and easily.
Share your experience, advice and class notes.
Search and find alumni.
Top ways alumni are leveraging uKnight
- Exponentially expand your network by joining the networking directory. Find alumni professionals in your field. Search for career and graduate school mentoring opportunities. Offer your expertise to help others!
- Find your classmates
- Advanced search options allow you to find your former classmates and contact them directly by sending them a note or e-mail. Search specifically by name, major, city, grad year, and much more
- Class Notes
- Include wedding and baby photos when you post your class notes online. Instantly share your job changes, travel plans, and volunteer activities.
- Create and join groups with fellow alumni. Form a group based on any kind of relationship (e.g. Chicago accounting professionals, Honduras semester alumni etc..). It's up to you. Within a group, hold discussions, connect with other members, and organize events.
- Think of an "exclusively Calvin Craigslist" -- with a Reformed accent, of course. Post items/services for sale. Search for current postings within the Calvin community.
- Alumni Stories and Events
- Share your own story—or give us a news tip on another Calvin alum. Register for alumni events online and even see who else is coming.
- E-mail Forwarding
- Have a Calvin email address for life (e.g. email@example.com), which also will allow you to access the Calvin network on Facebook.
- Discussion boards
- Read and comment on important issues, such as an article in Spark, or simply share stories of dorm life with fellow alumni.