2011: Rick DeVos '04
2010: Heather Van Dyke-Titus '98, Jackson Van Dyke '03 and Barry Van Dyke '05
2009: Amy J. Ruis '93
2008: Bradley W. Haverkamp '95
2007: David K. Dorner '93
The Purpose of the Award
The Horizon Award is presented by MBA@Calvin to recognize outstanding young alumni business professionals who demonstrate significant contributions to their field and the impact of faith on their work
The selection of recipients for the award will be made by a Selection Committee composed of the following members:
1. Three members of the MBA@Calvin committee
2. One representative from the alumni office
3. One representative from the career development office
The Basis of the Selection
1. Anyone who is an alumna or alumnus of Calvin College currently working in business or industry is eligible for this award. Any MBA@Calvin committee members or Calvin College employees are ineligible for this award.
2. “Young professional” is defined as an alumna or alumnus between the ages of 22 and 40 currenly working in business or industry.
3. The “significant contribution” of the alumna or alumnus can be in any field of professional endeavor. The nature of the contribution and the extent to which it is deemed worthy of consideration is to be determined by the selection committee.
4. The person selected for the award will be one who manifests Christian commitment that reflects honor on Calvin College.
5. The selection committee will present its recommendation to the MBA@Calvin leadership committee for approval.
6. Once the selection committee has made its recommendation to the MBA@Calvin committee, the information will be considered confidential until such time as the committee and Calvin College deem it appropriate to be made public.
The Number of Awards
There will be only one recipient each year. If, in the opinion of the selection committee, no nominee merits recommendation for the award in any given year, it is not compelled to make a recommendation.
Timetable for the Award
1. Nominations for the award may be submitted at any time. The closing date for each year's award nominations will be ~September 1.
2. The MBA@Calvin steering committee will review the nominations.
3. The recipient will be notified after selected.
4. The award will be presented at the annual Careers Dinner hosted by the career development office.
The Horizon Award consists of a crystal statue designating the recipient and the date of the award.