The Horizon Award is presented by MBA@Calvin to recognize outstanding young alumni business professionals who demonstrate significant contributions to their field and the impact of faith on their work.
2014: Jon Potvin '02
Jon is vice president for business development at Allied Mechanical Services. Jon’s been recognized by his peers and associates as a gifted business person and has given back to the Calvin community through the establishment of the Potvin Scholarship at the college and other involvements.
He will be presented with his award at our spring event. Join us!
2011: Rick DeVos '04
2010: Heather Van Dyke-Titus '98, Jackson Van Dyke '03 and Barry Van Dyke '05
2009: Amy J. Ruis '93
2008: Bradley W. Haverkamp '95
2007: David K. Dorner '93
Nominations may be submitted at any time, with a cut-off of September 1 for the following year's award. Submit a nomination online, e-mail email@example.com or send relevant materials to the Calvin Alumni Office, 3201 Burton St SE, Grand Rapids MI 49546-4388.
Anyone who is an alumna or alumnus of Calvin currently working in business or industry is eligible; MBA@Calvin committee members or Calvin employees are ineligible.
- “Young professional” is defined as an alumna or alumnus between the ages of 22 and 40 currenly working in business or industry.
- The “significant contribution” of the alumna or alumnus can be in any field of professional endeavor. The nature of the contribution and the extent to which it is deemed worthy of consideration is to be determined by the selection committee.
- The person selected for the award will be one who manifests Christian commitment that reflects honor on Calvin College.
- The selection committee will present its recommendation to the MBA@Calvin leadership committee for approval.
- Once the selection committee has made its recommendation to the MBA@Calvin committee, the information will be considered confidential until such time as the committee and Calvin College deem it appropriate to be made public.
The selection committee is composed of three members of the MBA@Calvin committee, and one representative each from the alumni and career development offices. There will be only one recipient each year. If, in the opinion of the selection committee, no nominee merits recommendation for the award in any given year, it is not compelled to make a recommendation.