Welcome to C Club!
Dear 2013 Calvin graduates/athletes,
After a very successful first year of operation and as the new school year approaches, the Calvin C Club is looking forward to an even more exciting second year. We are pleased to be able to welcome you to membership in the C Club: Remember when you signed up at the “Awards Knight”? The primary goal of C Club is to support all Calvin athletic programs and the athletes who currently participate in them; a secondary goal of to provide networking opportunities for alumni athletes. Your membership in C Club will provide you with unique opportunities to get to know our current athletes as well as to catch up with former athletes.
As recent graduates and attendees, you will remember the highlight of our first year, the first “Awards Knight,” a memorable evening in which the outstanding achievements of you and your fellow student-athletes and your teams were recognized. It was an opportunity for our members to meet and hear from some remarkable young men and women. (You will be able to see highlights of that evening in the Fall issue of Spark.)
We have planned more activities for this year and we hope that you will be able to participate in many of them. Some of these events include:
- September 17: Knights at the Nets Doubleheader. The Knights host Hope in an afternoon soccer game and evening volleyball game. C Club will host members in the Hospitality Suite in the arena during the volleyball game—a great opportunity to meet coaches and other members. A special C Club award will be given at the volleyball game.
- October 19: Homecoming Saturday. C Club will have a tent at the soccer doubleheader—if you haven’t joined by then, this will be a great time to learn more about C Club.
- October 31: “Midnight Madness” in the Van Noord Arena. C Club members cordially invited.
- November 6: Fall Sports Luncheon, 12 noon, in the lobby of the Spoelhof Fieldhouse.
- November 16: Calvin hosts the NCAA DIII cross country regionals at Gainey Field. C Club members have the opportunity to assist in hosting the event.
- November 19: Women’s basketball game vs. Hope. C Club will again host members in the Hospitality Suite.
- January 11: Men’s basketball vs. Hope. C Club will host a pre-game reception in the newly remodeled Steen Room.
- February 1: Annual Traditions Game. C Club will host an honored “team of the past” and C Club members in the Hospitality Suite during the men’s basketball game vs. Alma.
- March 4: Spring Sports Luncheon, 12 noon, in lobby of the Spoelhof Fieldhouse.
- May 15: Second Annual Awards Knight.
You can get all the latest information about C Club events on the C Club homepage: www.calvin.edu /go/cclub
As a member of C Club, you will receive a season pass for men’s and women’s home basketball games and a decal showing your membership in and support of C Club. These will be mailed to you as soon as they become available. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Once again, welcome to C Club, and we look forward to seeing you at many of these events.