Thank You & Photos
Thank you to our 14 employers (about 30 staff represented), 86 students, and 18 Chicago alumni lunch participants for making this a great "Calvin in Chicago" day! See the Calvin College Career Development Facebook page for event photos.
Career Fair: 10 a.m.–noon
Networking Lunch: 12–1:30 p.m.
University Club, 76 E. Monroe St., Chicago.
Students: Please review these final instructions for preparing for and attendance at the fair!
Are you interested in working or interning in the Chicago area? Take this opportunity to network with employers. $25 includes transportation, career fair, and lunch!
- Register online (CLOSED). If you are a student, your $25 fee may be charged to your miscellaneous account (include Student ID).
- E-mail résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Chicago Career Fair registration" in the subject line. This will be sent to employers prior to the event.
Please note: all participants must pay the registration fee whether or not they need transportation/meals.
Who will be there?
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Chicago Semester (off-campus program)
- Compass Mortgage
- Hub Group
- KJWW Engineering Consultants
- MAKE Corporation
- Motorola Solutions
- New England Financial
- The Private Bank
- Providence Life Services
- Ariel Investments (not confirmed)
Buses will leave from the Spoelhof flagpole at 7 a.m. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure. Following the fair, lunch with employers and Chicago alumni will be provided, and then free time in downtown Chicago until 3:30 p.m. The buses will stop part way home for dinner; students will pay for their own meals.
What to bring?
Business formal or business casual dress is required. The University Club will not permit people dressed in jeans or gym shoes to enter. Bring multiple copies of your critiqued résumé printed on high quality résumé paper. See our handout about succeeding at a job fair. Research participating employers before the fair, and practice how you will introduce yourself.