Calvin Admissions offers travel funding to encourage North American high school sophomores, juniors and seniors who are students of color to visit for Fridays at Calvin
Additionally, the Students of Color Visit Grant may be used to cover travel expenses (as identified below) for Entrada alumni who return for a scheduled Entrada reunion AND attend the Fridays at Calvin program.
Student travel expenses will be reimbursed as follows:
1. Driving to campus: Up to $200 of the student's traveling expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement will be calculated based on mileage from the student’s home address multiplied by Calvin’s standard mileage allowance.
For example, 154 miles traveled X .55/mile = $84.70 reimbursement
2. Air/Train/Bus transportation:
a. Up to $200 of the student’s paid ticket will be reimbursed, with a receipt.
b. If the student enrolls at Calvin, the cost of his/her transportation will be reimbursed in total, with a receipt.
c. IMPORTANT: Before purchasing travel tickets, contact Stephanie Brink at (616) 526-8421 (800-688-0122) to confirm that your visit reservation has been received and that space is available in that visit program.
1. Parents: Calvin will provide one (1) night of lodging in the Prince Conference Center for parents accompanying their student on a campus visit. Meals on campus will be provided during the visit.
2. Students: Students will stay with student hosts in residence halls. Meals will be provided.
Contact Stephanie Brink before your visit to request reimbursement.
1. Make visit reservations online or contact Stephanie Brink at (616) 526-8421 (800-688-0122). Visit reservations and travel grants are based on space availability, so please make your reservations well in advance.
2. Please request the Students of Color Visit Grant when making your visit reservations.
3. Reimbursement will be made after the visit. Students must attend all scheduled visit activities. Please submit a copy of the receipt for travel expenses to Stephanie Brink. Calvin will mail a reimbursement check to the student/family. If you enroll at Calvin, you are eligible to request a check during your first fall semester for the balance of your travel costs.