Travel expenses will be reimbursed as follows:
1. Air/train transportation:
Up to $200 of the student’s paid ticket will be reimbursed, with a receipt.
IMPORTANT: Before purchasing travel tickets, contact Vanessa Abreu at
616-526-6106 (800-688-0122) to confirm that your visit reservation has been
received and that space is available in that visit program.
2. Driving to campus from Ontario: You will be reimbursed $.55 per mile.
1. Parents: Calvin will provide one (1) night of lodging in the Prince Conference Center for parents accompanying their student on a campus visit. Meals on campus will be provided during the visit.
2. Students: Students will stay with student hosts in residence halls. Meals will be provided.
Contact Vanessa Abreu before your visit to request reimbursement.
1. Make visit reservations online or contact Vanessa Abreu at 616-526-6106 (800-688-0122). Visit reservations and travel grants are based on space availability, so please make your reservations well in advance.
2. Please request the Canadian Visit Grant when making your visit reservations.
3. Reimbursement will be made after the visit. Students must attend all scheduled visit activities. Please submit a copy of the receipt for travel expenses to Vanessa Abreu. Calvin will mail a reimbursement check to the student/family. If you enroll at Calvin, you are eligible to request a check during your first fall semester for the balance of your travel costs.