About the scholarship
Each year, one first-time, undergraduate student will be selected for a four-year, full-tuition scholarship at Calvin College to pursue a pre-medical program. The recipient will also be assured of an interview at the University of Michigan Medical School and, if accepted, will receive a four-year, full-tuition scholarship to pursue a medical degree there.
Completing this application is your first step to be considered for this prestigious opportunity.
- High school GPA of 3.9 or above (4.0 scale)
- Minimum ACT of 31 or SAT of 1340 (combined reading and math)
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, with preference given to students who are underrepresented in higher education
- A passion to serve God’s world though medicine
The deadline to apply is February 1. Students must be admitted to Calvin by February 1 in order to be considered for this award.
The selection committee will begin reviewing applications in early February. By mid-February, a small group of finalists will be invited to Calvin to interview on February 27-28. Faculty and staff from both Calvin College and the University of Michigan Medical School will be involved in the interview process.
- a four-year, full tuition scholarship at Calvin College (a value of $100,000)
- one summer of biomedical research at the University of Michigan
- advising by Calvin pre-med faculty and alumni physicians
- an interview for admission to the University of Michigan Medical School; upon acceptance, a four-year,full tuition scholarship for study leading to a medical degree