Travel by land to your destination
If your destination is relatively close to Calvin, so that the cost of driving is less than that of flying, consider renting a car through the physical plant or taking a train.
Renting a car
Calvin's physical plant can reserve a rental car for your business-related domestic travel.
Request a vehicle at least 48 hours in advance using the physical plants online request form »
- Motor Vehicle Driving Release Form (31 KB doc)
- Calvin's Transportation Policy (54 KB docx)
- Calvin's Transportation Procedures (14KB docx)
- Tips to reducing greenhouse gas emissions (109KB pdf)
- Calvin's car-rental policy
Travel using your own vehicle
You may use your personal vehicle for college travel if your trip does not exceed these day and mileage limits:
Document mileage, beginning and ending location, parking fees, road tolls and any other expenses directly related to your trip in your Travel Expense Report.
Anyone using a personal vehicle at any time for college-related travel must carry the following as minimum insurance coverage on their personal vehicles:
- Liability: $100,000 per person, $300,000 per occurrence, and
- Collision: standard, with $500 deductible liability insurance on their personal vehicles.