Travel by land to your destination
If your destination is relatively close to Calvin, so that the cost of driving is less than that of flying, consider renting a car through the physical plant or taking a train.
Renting a car
Calvin's physical plant can reserve a rental car for your business-related domestic travel.
Request a vehicle at least 48 hours in advance using the physical plants online request form »
- Motor Vehicle Driving Release Form (31 KB doc)
- Calvin's Transportation Policy (54 KB docx)
- Calvin's Transportation Procedures (14KB docx)
- Tips to reducing greenhouse gas emissions (109KB pdf)
- Calvin's car-rental policy
Travel using your own vehicle
You may use your personal vehicle for college travel if your trip does not exceed these day and mileage limits:
Mileage for college travel is reimbursed at the prevailing 2009 IRS rate, 55.0 cents per mile in 2009.
Document mileage, beginning and ending location, parking fees, road tolls and any other expenses directly related to your trip in your Travel Expense Report.
Anyone using a personal vehicle at any time for college-related travel must carry the following as minimum insurance coverage on their personal vehicles:
- Liability: $100,000 per person, $300,000 per occurrence, and
- Collision: standard, with $500 deductible liability insurance on their personal vehicles.